Click here for security information about bringing bags on the Tour.
Our move from packet mailings to pickup at Bike Expo New York helps us reduce the number of registration scalpers and packet scammers. Moving packet pickup to a central venue and holding it closer to the tour eliminates opportunities for fraud and protects you from falling victim to this scam. Beyond packet pickup, Bike Expo New York is free and packed with giveaways, classes, exhibitors and entertainment. It is a fun way to meet other cyclists and celebrate the 2013 Tour.
Packet Pick up Policies & Procedures
You must pick up your rider packet and tour vest at Bike Expo New York located at Basketball City at 299 South Street on Pier 36 in Manhattan on May 3rd or 4th. You may pick up your information at any time during the expo.
- Bring your e-mail containing your rider number and bar code along with valid photo identification
- Find the tour packet pickup area at Bike Expo New York.
- We will not mail rider numbers and tour vests. Participants may send someone else to pick up their rider information, provided they follow the guidelines listed below.
- Residents of the United States and Puerto Rico must show state or federal government-issued photo identification, such as a driver’s license, DMV photo ID, or passport.
- Non-US residents, including Canadian residents, are required to show a valid passport (except residents of Puerto Rico, see above).
- In order to pick up the child’s rider packet without the child present, the registered guardian must bring his/her valid photo identification and the e-mails containing registration numbers and bar codes. You do not need to provide identification for the registered youth. Note that adults may only pickup the rider packet for the single youth registered under their name. There is a one adult to one child ratio for the tour.
- You will receive a rider vest, helmet sticker and bike sticker along with instructions for tour day. The color of your number indicates start group time. You must have all three numbers on when arriving to the start area for the tour.
- The Solutions Desk in the packet pick up area will be able to answer other questions you may have.
Proxy Packet Pickup
We recognize that this may create logistical problems for many potential riders. Given your feedback on the issue we will be offering proxy packet pickup at Bike Expo New York. Anyone picking up a tour packet and rider vest for somebody else must come with the proxy packet pickup form as well as a copy of the participant’s rider number e-mail with bar code and valid photo identification. See below for policies regarding packet pickup. The 2013 proxy pickup form is available here! You can also request a form by emailing email@example.com.
Individuals (including non-riders) can pick up a maximum of five proxy packets.
- Individuals must bring the signed proxy form, a valid photo ID, and the rider number email containing bar code for each participant.
Group members can pick up packets for all registered group members.
- Group members must bring the signed proxy form, a valid photo ID, and the rider number email with bar code for each group member.