Bike New York's certified cycling instructors are available to visit your New York City area school, workplace, or park to teach you and your colleagues or neighbors directly through a class.
Invite Us Over to Your Place!
While the vast majority of Bike New York’s outdoor classes are held at our Community Bicycle Education Centers, we occasionally partner with groups to offer classes at their own sites. There’s no charge to host a class, and we provide just about all the materials you’ll need, but there are certain requirements and limitations.
If you’d like to host a kid-friendly on-bike event, partner with Bike New York to coordinate a Learn to Ride–Kids class in your neighborhood. Learn to Ride – Kids classes are only scheduled on weekends and must be open to the general public. Classes are held between April and September and our class schedule is set in mid-February. Unfortunately, we can not accommodate all requests.
If you’re interested in promoting active transportation to adults, consider hosting a Bike Commuting 101 presentation during lunchtime at your office or in your local community center. Bike Commuting 101 is offered year ’round.
Please review the guidelines for the type of class you are interested in. Requests are required at least 30 days prior to the proposed class date.
If you would like more information, please email Zoe Cheswick.
Bike New York has partnered with a wide variety of organizations to offer classes and training sessions throughout New York and New Jersey. Groups include:
- The Children’s Aid Society
- City of New York Parks & Recreation and Partnership for Parks
- CUNY undergraduate and graduate education programs
- Eastern Mountain Sports
- US Environmental Protection Agency
- Girl Scouts of Greater New York
- Lincoln Center
- Museum of Modern Art
- NJ Recreation and Parks Association
- NY and NJ Departments of Transportation and transportation management associations
- NY and NJ school districts
- NY and NJ Associations for Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance
- NY State Recreation and Parks Society
- NYU and NYU Dental
- New York Life
- Ogilvy and Mather